Make Any Room Look New With An Area Rug From Thompson's Flooring
Area Rugs For Instant Room Makeover
As one of the oldest types of flooring, area rugs have for centuries provided a wonderful way to freshen up, add warmth and create a new stunning look to any room. Area rugs are constantly being updated with new design styles, constructions and colors. From wovens, braided, hand-tufted, machine-made to geometrics, florals, contemporary, traditional and much more, you are sure to find a rug to enhance and add charm to any decor and lifestyle.
Thompson's Flooring has a wide selection of name brand area rugs that are just right for your home or office. Combining style and tough durability, area rugs have become the designer's choice for easily and quickly changing the mood in any room. Change rugs with the season to create a stylish look any time of the year. From floral to patterned to unique designs, area rugs are an easy and creative way to create with flair.
Selecting a Size
- Measure the entire area. We suggest leaving a border of floor showing around the entire room. This will help the room appear larger and enhance the look of your room.
- When placing a rug under a table, add 1'6" per side from the table. You will want the back legs of your chairs on the rug.
- If the furniture is placed several feet away from the walls, we suggest that each piece of furniture be completely on or off the rug.
- When deciding on a rug for a room, you can either use one room size rug or several rugs around the furniture. For example for a bedroom, when considering one room size rug it should be large enough for you to take a step or two when getting out of bed. If you have one bed centered in the room, you can place a rug at the foot of the bed and one on each side.
- An area rug placed by an entrance, hallway and stairwell, protects the floor while enhancing the decor. If there is a hallway off the entrance you may consider a runner. When measuring for hallways the rug should continue past any side doors.
Rug Pads are essential to keeping your rugs attractive and to extend the life of your floor and rug. We always recommend the use of a slip resistant pad under your rug.